Jump

Jump
Jup

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 Reggie in Review Part 1

2009 Year in Review

I am blessed to send 2010 New Year Greetings to you and yours from Taiwan. It has been another interesting and fulfilled year. This years was comprised with happy, exciting, and of course, sad moments. I was crushed to loose two close family members in a matter of weeks. And, I still can’t believe that we lost MJ. Bad technology was also a factor this year. My laptop and phone completed crashed on me. Living aboard is fun, but sometimes the distance is tough. However, I am thrilled to have visited three of the best metropolitan cities in the world: London, Hong Kong, and NYC.

January, I brought in the New Year in Taipei with wonderful Central American friends. I travelled back to the USA to witness the inauguration of President Obama in D.C. Didn’t want to miss that historic event!! It was so crowded and cold. It was also good visiting Aunt Angela and family in Virginia. I traveled down south to Alabama to visit my wonderful family and friends while in the States. I received a Resolution from Senator Roger Bedford and the Alabama Senate for my commitment to education.

I returned to D.C. to receive my teaching award at the NEA Salute to Education Gala in February. I was the 2009 Alabama awardee. This event was extra special, as I met and made many new colleagues. I also reconnected with several Stillmanites in the D.C, area. Thanks Chuck and Corey for being such great host. Upon returning to Taiwan, I travelled with our 6th graders to the Nantou Mountains in Central Taiwan for two days of fun and excitement.

March, I met up with Bridget and her family in Taichung and we ventured to Sun Moon Lake. I had already met her daughter and son-in-law the previous month in D.C. We had a great time hiking and hanging out. Afterwards, we had to deal with a crazy cab driver who wanted more money. Try having a disagreement with others who do not speak the same language as you. A major stress!!!

In April, I presented to a group of US educators in Taipei on my international experience and teaching in Taiwan. Otherwise, this was a pretty relaxed month. However, I made many trip to Taipei to hang out with Tony and the crew.

May was sort of busy for me. I traveled to Kaohsiung twice to meet up with Melissa and the girls on the first trip, and on the second trip to hang out with Mike. A few of my colleagues came up to Hsinchu (my home) to visit and hang out. It was so good seeing them, and we reconnected once more in Taipei for what resulted in a farewell dinner. Didn’t realize that it would be the last time before we are went out separate ways! Embrace every moment like it’s your last!! At the later part of the month, I travelled to Hong Kong!!! It was such a wonderful and much needed trip. The Dragon Boat firework show on the Victoria Harbor is a beautiful sight. I also met Mark, another traveler, and now we friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment