Jump

Jump
Jup

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 Reggie in Review Part 2

June is my birthday month. I had a week full of celebration with my many new friends and colleagues here in Taiwan. They range in all races, sexes, and come from all pockets of the word. We had a blast at my first KTV (karaoke birthday party). Karaoke is a blast in this country. A special thanks to everyone who made it a success, especially my co-teachers. I returned to central Taiwan for biking and wood carving with one of my sixth grade classes. My good friend Jonathan came to my city in Taiwan to work a summer job, as I was leaving within one week. But, he was here upon my return in September.

I started my across the world travels in July. Upon leaving Taiwan, I traveled to Malaysia, England, Ireland, New York, Alabama, Illinois, California, and back to Taiwan. It was an amazing summer. The highlight was being back in Northern Ireland and seeing all of my wonderful families, friends, colleagues, and my former school. It was like returning home after two years. I miss the place so much. Too many people to thank, however, special thanks to Thomas and Carolyn for opening your homes to me once again! Also, thanks to Adam and family for everything!!! You guys are the best!! Cealon, the kid that I’m sponsoring as a part of his Catholic confirmation is growing up so fast. I enjoyed my time with his family as usual. I always have a good time in London. That place is like a home away from home!!! Thanks Kit and G for your hospitality as well. I traveled to Bath, England with Doreen to visit her host city during our Fulbright Days.

In August, I went home to Alabama via a visit to New York City. I connected with my cousin Elton, friends Denise and Elvis, and Fulbright colleague Collette. Hanging out in Times Square and a trip to the Bronx Zoo was priceless. Thanks Guys!!!
While in Alabama, I dealt with the crazy locksmith case in which the judge ruled against me. No justice in the justice system!!! Complete waste of time!!! Lesson learned!!! However, I did get a speeding ticket removed after challenging the court. So I guess there is some hope. It was good seeing my family and friends in the area. I love my wonderful family in Millport. Mom is the best!!! However, I was sad to see my grandma Helen health declining. I gave a presentation to my high school/elementary alma mater South Lamar about life in Taiwan. I will also be submitting occasional news article on my experiences to my hometown local paper: West Alabama Gazette!!!

Chicago and San Francisco in September! Got a chance to connect with long-time college friend Vette in Chicago and meet up with Varun. In San Fran, I connected with Nithin. Thanks for showing me around the city. Now, back in Taiwan!!! A new American, Nathan has moved in my area, and we have become friends. I have enrolled in a Chinese Course at a local university. So hard and demanding!!! My Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment